Opera Software ASA | Browser
Opera is one of the best and most amazing browsers out there. This is a multi-platform browser that will suit your every need. With Opera, you can safely browse the web while being safer, enjoying a faster and more secure experience. In this article, we will explain everything you need to know about Opera and the best features that this browser has in store for you.
What is Opera?
The Opera project first began in 1995, when a very capable team of expert coders, developers, marketing analyzers, and other support members, united to create this unique browser. The first headquarters for Opera was located in Oslo, Norway. Presently, Opera developers have further developed their browse application and expanded their headquarters worldwide.
Opera counts with around 350 million users, and this number is constantly growing. While Opera started as just a regular browser, this has become one of the best, most secure, and versatile browsers online. Over the years, Opera developers have started to shift their focus, including other products on their portfolio. Now Opera includes applications focused on gamers, fintech users, and much more.
While Opera started as a browser for some computer operative systems like Windows, this app has become one of the most widely cross-platform options. Nowadays you can use Opera on any laptop or mobile device, having designed apps for Android, iOS, Windows, Linux, and Mac OS.
Best features in Opera
Opera is one of the best browsers available, and this app includes a wide variety of features. Some of the best, most functional, and most popular ones, are the following:
Built-in ad blocker
One of the best features of the different Opera browser versions is the built-in adblocker. With other browsers, you need to install an extension to avoid seeing ads, and some of those extensions don’t even work properly. With the Opera built-in ad blocker, ads are a thing of the past.
The browser eliminates most ads by itself, and if it doesn’t detect one, you can tell the browser so it will eliminate it on future occasions. With this feature, you can browse the web without having to see many ads, which will, in turn, make your browsing experience faster, and safer, especially for kids.
Free VPN included
Having a reliable VPN will help you protect your privacy, by not letting websites track where you are from and use that information. Opera includes a Free VPN, which will let you do just that, allowing you to change your location between different free locations, allowing you to browse the internet safer and privately.
Built-in popular chat applications
Opera includes a wide variety of built-in applications and you can also add more extensions, but the best ones, are the chat apps built-in the browser. This program includes Messenger (by Meta), WhatsApp, and Instagram chats. You can log in with your account on all of these, and start browsing the web while you chat with friends and family.
Opera is an easily customizable browser, which lets you choose the theme, the home page, and many other options. You can easily access this feature and customize this browser to suit your style, making it look more aesthetic for you.
Includes classic browser features
Just like any other, Opera includes the classic features that you would find on most browsers. This includes the use of favorites, tabs, your direction bar as a search bar, and much more. What makes Opera stand out, is how intuitive all of these features are concerning other browsers, and how many other new features this app includes.
Add your favorite pages to the Speed Dial
The Speed Dial is your home page unless you decide to change it. On this page, you will be able to have information about the weather at your location, you can use a search bar to search for anything you like on the internet, and you will also be able to customize your favorite pages. The Speed Dial is an aesthetic and cool way to have everything you need, on your home page.
How to use Opera
How to chat on Messenger, Instagram, and WhatsApp using Opera
Opera includes a built-in Messenger, Instagram, and WhatsApp apps on the browser. To use these chat services via your browser, you only have to follow the following instructions:
- Open your Opera web browser.
- Click on the chat app that you want to use, choosing between Messenger, WhatsApp, or Instagram. These apps are found on the left column of your browser.
- After opening the desired chat app, follow the instructions to log into your account and link the Opera chat app with your chat service.
- Now you are done! You can start talking with your friends and family over your browser.
How to add new pages to the Speed Dial
The Speed dial is the home page of your Opera browser unless you decide to change it. Here you will be able to set your city and know the temperature, search the web, and more. This page includes a list of your favorite sites, which you can customize. To do it, follow these instructions:
- Open Opera and go to the Start page.
- Click on the “Add site” option.
- Once you do this, you will be able to enter the address for your favorite sites and click on “Add to Opera”.
- Once you do this, the site will appear with a customizable thumbnail for the site. You can arrange the sites to have the ones you like the most on top, and the others at the bottom or however you like.
How to customize your Opera browser
Opera allows you to customize many options for your browser like the theme, the start page, security, and much more. To customize your browser, you only have to do this:
- Click on the “Easy setup” icon at the right top of your Opera browser.
- Once the customization panel opens, choose your start page, the theme, the security options, and much more options to fully customize the browser to your style.
- Once you are done tweaking with the setup options, just close the tab and you are ready. All of the settings will be added automatically, allowing you to enjoy an amazing browsing experience.